Monday, August 9, 2010

The Siller Motor Company

Recently i started (but have yet to finish) some mock advertisements for my great grandpas Buick Pontiac GMC dealership. It was the Siller Motor Company in Hancock Mi. He owned it from the 1930's to the 60's but to this day Buick is still our family vehicle.

I originally had the idea of doing some classic cars for a long time but it never occured to me to do Buicks for my grandpas no-longer existing dealership until my aunt said i should do them. So i started doing some research on advertisements for his dealership and realized they are nearly non existent. i did find a few but they were very minimal. At first if bummed me out, but then it just got me going on finally doing some really cool advertising pieces for his dealership, even if i was 70ish years too late. Here is the 1938 Buick i have begun to draw along with the actual 1938 ads I found and will incorporate into the pictures. I will be doing a series of 4 or 5 and will give them to my aunts, grandpa and mom.



6 comments:

  1. My dad, John Henry Erkkila from Hancock, MI worked for Siller's Motor Co until he married mother in 1945 and moved to Boston, MA. !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! that is great! If you have any info or memories from your dad I would love to hear them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a 1953 Pontiac that was purchased at Siller Motors. Was wondering if you have photos, brochures/ads/other literature I might get copies of or you might create for me. I'd love to add these to my history of the car. I live in Marquette MI.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Email me at joshjaehnig@gmail.com. I can scan something's I'm sure you'd love to see like ads and and such! I'd also love to see that Pontiac!

      Delete
    2. I lost the email thread. Can you please resend me a message, if you see this? I have quite a few things to send your way.

      Delete
  4. This is neat. I have a 1964 Buick Electra 225 that my great grandfather purchased new at that dealer. I have the original invoices and a few other documents. Is the dealership still there? Under a new name?

    ReplyDelete